Search This Blog

May 15, 2012

Italian Style Cubed Steaks

I had a pack of cube steak in the freezer and I didn't want to make the usual smothered cubed steak.  I looked in my food pantry to see what other ingredients I had.  I noticed an unopened can of Italian style bread crumbs.  I have had pork chops and chicken breaded with Italian bread crumbs, so I thought why not try it with cubed steak.  It actually came out really good.  I served mine with corn and a side salad.  It's super easy and super good.  Happy cooking and eating everyone!

Recipe: Italian Style Cubed Steaks
Ingredients:
4-6 Cubed Steaks
1 cup of Italian style bread crumbs
Seasoning: Garlic Powder, Season All, black pepper
1/2 cup of canola oil
2 tbsp of butter

Directions: 
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season cube steaks with seasonings listed above.  Place bread crumbs in a pan.  



2. After meat is seasoned, dredge each piece in the bread crumbs.  Make sure each side is well coated with bread crumbs.  You will not need to use an egg/milk mixture for this recipe. After each piece is dredged in the bread  crumb mixture, place in a separate plate until all the meat is coated. 

3. Add the 2 tbsp of butter to the pan right before frying your meat. When butter is melted, fry pieces of steak in butter/oil mixture. Flip when sides are deep golden brown and cook about 2-4 minutes on the other side.  At this point, your kitchen probably smells really good and you are tempted to do a taste test!

4. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to let all the excess grease drain.  
5. Serve with a vegetable.  Some type of bread is also really good with this meal.  ENJOY!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment