Search This Blog

February 23, 2014

Busy Time Means Simple Meals

I missed blogging last week because I was so busy with birthday parties, events, conferences, and just life in general.  Last week, it seemed like everyone had something to do or somewhere to be; I did not want to eat out every day, so I decided to make meals that could definitely be leftovers. Last Monday, I made a beef roast a little different than I normally do and it came out fabulous.  My brother was calling me at work asking if we still had roast left lol.  It didn't take long to prepare, but it did take a few hours to cook.  It was actually even better the next day.  I made it with a baked potato soup (a Pampered Chef recipe I found online).  I am calling the recipe Semi Pan Cooked/Semi Oven Cooked Roast!  I have also listed our menu plan for the week.  I hope you all enjoy!   Have a great week of cooking and baking!

Recipe: Semi Pan Cooked/ Semi Oven Cooked Roast
 Ingredients: 
Beef Roast
3tbsp of canola oil or olive oil
2tbsp of sugar
Season All
Garlic Powder
Black Pepper
Paprika
Cooking Spray

Directions:
In a large skillet, heat canola oil or olive oil over medium heat (about a five).  While pan/oil are getting hot, start seasoning your roast.
Season the roast with season all, garlic powder, black pepper, and paprika.  I even take a knife and place holes in the roast so that I can add seasoning inside them.  After the roast is fully seasoned.  Sprinkle with the two tablespoons of sugar.  Rub the sugar all around the roast.

When the oil is heated, brown all sides of the roast.  You are not going to leave in this pot; you just want the roast to get to a pretty brown color. 

Remove roast from the skillet and place in a greased (cooking spray) pan.  Add about 2/3 of water, couple of tablespoons of butter to the pan.  Cover the roast and bake on 375 for 2-3 hours (Until the roast is at the desired temperature you like).  I checked on my roast every hour and based it with the juices.  You don't want your roast completely brown (well done) because it will become tough the next day if you try to reheat or serve as leftovers. 

Slice and serve with some type of vegetable and a side!  Biscuits or some type of roll would be great with it too.  Enjoy!







Weekly Menu Plan: February 23-March 1st
Sunday: Oven cooked sweet and spicy BBQ Ribs, salad, and baked beans
Monday: Leftovers
Tuesday: Dr. Pepper Pork Chops, Corn (I like to mix cream style corn with regular corn), and something green
 Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Taco Casserole (saw on Pinterest and I am so excited to make)
Friday: Pizza Night
Saturday: Chicken Pasta with sun dried tomato and basil cream sauce


No comments:

Post a Comment