Search This Blog

April 27, 2014

Spring For a Really Good Salad!

A couple of weeks ago, I hosted a Pampered Chef party for a friend of mine at the school we work at.  Because I LOVE to cook so much and there are so many different recipes I want to make for our staff, I was unsure of what the food item should be.  Although our school does have a stove, I didn't want to make something that had to be fully cooked there.  I wanted to bring something that I could pre-cook at home.   I started looking through the Pampered Chef Spring Season's Best Catalog and this recipe IMMEDIATELY caught my eye.  It looked so fresh and simple to prepare.

I like to sample all my food before serving it, so I tasted the chicken I had prepared and it was sooooo very delicious.  I knew the rest of the dish would be equally tasty.  This is a beautiful, bright, and quick meal that the whole family will enjoy.

With school coming to a end and summer approaching, I have been looking for meals that will not take me long to prepare.  This week my meal plan will be geared to quick, but delicious recipes.  Have a great week cooking, baking, and/or crocking!

Recipe: Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Skillet

Ingredients:
1/4 of a 16oz loaf of soft Italian bread
3 tbsp canola oil (divided)
2 tbsp Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic Rub (or you can use garlic and herb seasoning)
1lb of boneless skinless chicken breast (or you can use chicken tenderloins)
2 1/2 cups of water
Season all and garlic powder
8oz uncooked rotini pasta
2 oz of Parmesan cheese (divided)

You can make your own dressing or just buy your favorite brand of Caesar dressing
Dressing ingredients: 
1 1/4 cups of Greek yogurt or sour cream
1 tbsp of Dijon mustard
1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
2 romaine lettuce hearts (or a bag of romaine lettuce)

Directions:
1. Cut bread into 1-in cubes and place in a micro-cooker.  Add 2 tbsp of the oil and 1/2 tbsp of the rub.  Toss to coat bread cubes.  Microwave, uncovered on HIGH 2-4 minutes stirring every 30 seconds until crisp.  Set aside croutons for topping.




2. Dice chicken into 1 inch pieces.  In a small bowl, mix chicken and 1 tbsp of rub, garlic powder, and season all until coated.  Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil over medium high heat for 1-3 minutes.  

3. Add chicken to skillet and cook 4-6 minutes stirring occasionally or until lightly browned.  Remove chicken from skillet to a bowl.  

4. Boil your water in a separate pot.  Cook pasta according to package directions.  When pasta is done, drain water and set aside.  

5. Tear lettuce into bite size pieces (or just use a bag).  In the skillet, add chicken, pasta, croutons, and grated cheese.  Then either add in store bought dressing or the homemade dressing.  DO NOT PUT TOO MUCH; you do not want soggy salad.  Toss well and then serve!

6. Directions for homemade dressing: In a bowl, add Parmesan , yogurt/sour cream, mustard, Worcestershire, and rub.  Mix well.  Cover and refrigerate until you are ready for it.



Weekly Menu Plan for April 28-May 3, 2014
Monday: Country Style Ribs in the oven
Tuesday: Leftover
Wednesday: Oven Baked BBQ chicken
Thursday: Leftover
Friday: Homemade pizza (one for kids: cheese/veggies and one for adults: meat/veggies)
Saturday: Dinner out
Sunday: Asiago Crusted Pork Chops

No comments:

Post a Comment