Search This Blog

February 20, 2012

Oh, so yummy Italian Sausage (bratwurst)


Friday night, I didn't really feel like cooking (I know...shocking for me right?).  So, I looked in the freezer and saw some Italian sausages.  I called my dad and told him I had never had these before and that I needed him to be ready to grill when he got home.  When he finished grilling them and I made my sandwich, I was in LOVE!  They came out beautifully, tasted amazing, and filled the whole family up.  It's a great idea to make on the weekends or on a weeknight when you don't feel like cooking a big meal.  If you do not feel like grilling, you can also put them in the oven.  Happy grilling and eating everyone!  Here is how my dad made them:

Recipe: Italian Sausage (Brats: By the way, we had Pepper and Onion Brats as well as Hot Brats)


Ingredients:
Bratwurst (Italian Sausage)
Butter
Beer
Onion
Bell Pepper
Hoagie rolls
Condiments (mayo, mustard, ketchup)


Directions:
1. Bring one can of beer to a boil ((whatever type of beer you have on hand or you like).  Add the sausage to the beer.  Let that cook for 15-20 minutes on medium high heat.  Then take the sausage out of the beer boil and bring it to the grill.


2. Put on the grill for about 15-20 minutes (on the top rack of a gas grill).  If it is done before the 15-20 minutes, take it off.  In the meantime, in a piece of aluminum foil, cut up an onion and a bell pepper.  Season the onion and bell pepper with season all, garlic, and one stick of butter.  Cook on the grill with the sausage for the same amount of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment