Search This Blog

July 15, 2014

Who Knew Zucchini Was So Good?!?!

A few weeks ago, I went to my friends house for dinner.  While talking to her earlier that day, I asked her what I could bring as well as what else we were having.  She informed me  we were having grilled zucchini.  I told her I would not be eating that.  She asked why and I told her I had never had it and it was more than likely nasty.  As a child, we didn't eat brussel sprouts, squash, spinach, or zucchini.  I naturally thought all of those foods were "disgusting."  She told me I HAD to try it; even if it was a little piece, I HAD to try it.  I was very apprehensive.  I even put extra rice on my plate and had my water right by my meal in case I needed something to get the taste out of my mouth.  Here it was, the moment of truth and ALL eyes were on me.  First, I cut a small piece of chicken, added some rice to the fork, and a SMALL piece of zucchini as well.  It wasn't bad with all the other stuff on the fork, but I knew I needed to taste it on its own.  So, once again, all eyes were on me as I placed a larger piece on my fork.  I took a bite and OH MY GOODNESS....it was DELICIOUS!  I must have had about 4-5 pieces of it.  She grilled it and added Parmesan cheese to it, maybe that's why I liked it?! That same week, I had a dinner planned with some girlfriends and I knew what I would be bringing!  I told my friend I would be cooking my part of the meal at her house.  I found this recipe on Pinterest (of course I tweaked it a little), but it was so good.  This recipe would be great as a side dish for almost any meal.  My three year old even liked this side dish.  The moral of this blog is: don't be afraid to try new things...you may be pleasantly surprised!

Recipe: Garlic and Parmesan Zucchini

Ingredients:
3 medium zucchinis, 
2 tablespoon olive oil 
2-3 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese  
Garlic powder to taste
Black Pepper

Directions:
Slice zucchini (try to get all the same size...you want medallions).  Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Once oil is heated, add sliced zucchini and saute for about 3-5 minutes. 



Add Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and black pepper.  If you don't like a lot of cheese, add as little as you want.  Continue sauteing until zucchini is tender.  Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment