Search This Blog

July 27, 2014

White Chicken and Artichoke Lasagna

Never thought I would be cooking this recipe, much less eating and enjoying it.  I know when I go to restaurants, for the most part I love spinach and artichoke dip, but to have it in a lasagna...was not sure about that.  Although it is not your traditional lasagna recipe, it was quite refreshing and surprisingly very good.  I was very worried, because I didn't see as much "sauce" or "cream," but it was perfect.  My husband would NOT take a bite of it until I ate it.  He looked very carefully at my facial expressions and whether or not I finished my serving of it.  He is very use to his grandmother's famous lasagna and this was very much different.  When I make this again, I will blend the cream cheese and milk mixture a little more and add more of the sun dried tomatoes.  All in all, I think it is a great recipe and you should definitely give it a try if you want something other than the traditional lasagna.  Happy cooking everyone!

Recipe: White Chicken and Artichoke Lasagna
Picture courtesy of Pinterest

Ingredients:
2 cups boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1 jar (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, chopped (I purchased the seasoned artichokes)

3/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (found in the produce department)
1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese with a Touch of PHILADELPHIA, divided
1/2 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 cup basil, chopped
1/2 tbsp of crushed red pepper flakes
12 lasagna noodles, cooked

Directions
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine chicken, artichokes, tomatoes, 1 cup mozzarella, crushed red pepper flakes and Parmesan.
*For the chicken, I placed about 2tbsp of oil in a large skillet.  I seasoned my chicken with season all, garlic powder, black pepper, and a little cayenne pepper.  I fried on both sides until it was just a little pink inside.  I then used my Pampered Chef food processor and chopped the chicken finely.  
3. Beat cream cheese, milk, and garlic powder with mixer until well blended; stir in 2 Tbsp. basil. 
4. Mix half with the chicken mixture.
5. Spread half of the remaining cream cheese sauce onto bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish; cover with 3 noodles and 1/3 of the chicken mixture. Repeat layers of noodles and chicken mixture twice. 

6. Top with remaining cheese sauce and mozzarella; cover.  Bake 25 min. or until heated through. 
7. Sprinkle with remaining basil.  Enjoy and serve!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if you need to boil your noodles first. I don't in my regular lasagna and they are still soft. Maybe it is the moisture of the tomato sauce. I sure like not having to boil noodles so I may try this with dry lasagna noodles and see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine made another version of a chicken lasagna and I LOVED it. I will be posting that recipe soon. If you have tried this recipe, how did it come out with dry lasagna noodles?

    ReplyDelete