Search This Blog

April 30, 2012

BBQ Pork Chops with Red Beans and Rice

Dinner last night was really good.  I knew that I wanted to make pork chops, but I wanted them to be a little different.  So, I went through my pantry and pulled out a variety of seasonings.  These were some of the best pork chops I have ever made.  Today, for lunch we had pork chop sandwiches.  The chops were still juicy and tasted just as good as they did last night.  It's a simple recipe and takes about an hour to cook.  I served mine with some red beans and rice.  I must admit, I did cheat on the rice.  I went to the grocery store and bought the Zatarans red beans and rice mix.  It came out good.  It doesn't hurt to cheat in the kitchen every now and then.  I like to think of the red beans and rice as semi-homemade :).  Happy cooking and eating everyone!

Recipe: BBQ Pork Chops
Ingredients:
*I don't typically measure when I season my food.  I can usually spot how much of what to use. Season with the following ingredients to your taste preference.
Season All
Garlic Powder
Black Pepper
Paprika
Onion Powder

1/4 tsp of sugar
Hickory BBQ sauce (rub on meat before seasoning)

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.  Wash your meat thoroughly.  Gently pat dry.  Rub BBQ sauce on both sides of your pork chops (not too heavy).  Then season your meat with the ingredients above.


2. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray.  Then place pork chops in the pan.  Cook covered for 30 minutes and uncovered for the other 30 minutes (When I uncovered the pork chops, I added a little water to the pan- about 1/4 of a cup.  I also turned them over every 10-12 minutes).  

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment