Search This Blog

April 20, 2012

Fiesta Friday!!!

Hola everyone!  As much as I love cooking, sometimes, I like to keep it simple- not too many ingredients and not too much prep time.  Here is a really great recipe my mom gave me.  I made it last Friday and it was super quick, easy, and tasty.  It's great for a Friday night dinner.  ¡Cocina feliz y Comer Feliz (Happy cooking and happy eating)!

Cowboy Quesadillas
Ingredients:

  • 1/2 lb (8oz) Velveeta cut in 1/2 inch cubes

  • 1 can (10oz) of Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, drained
  • 4 cups of Shredded cooked chicken (I saved time and money by purchasing a Rotisserie chicken from Publix)

  • 4 green onions thinly sliced
  • 6 flour tortillas (10inc)
Directions:
1. Combine Velveeta and Rotel in 1-1/2 qt microwaveable bowl.  Microwave on high for 3 minutes or until Velveeta is completely melted and mixture is well blended (I put mine in a pot on medium-low heat).  Stir after 2 minutes.  Then stir in chicken and onions.


2. Spray a large nonstick skillet with Pam or a cooking spray (I used my Pampered Chef non-stick skillet).  Heat the skillet on medium high heat.  Spoon about 2/3 cup of chicken mixture onto half of 1 tortilla.  Fold in half.  Add to skillet.  Cook 1 minute on each side or until golden brown on both sides.  Remove from skillet.  Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.


3. Cut into wedges and enjoy.  This would be great served with some salsa!




No comments:

Post a Comment