Search This Blog

January 10, 2012

Good Ol' Fish Dinner...YUMMY!

Over the weekend, I really had a craving for fish.  I didn't want to cook my fish in oil (grease), so I decided to oven fry it.  This was such a tasty meal.  I tried something new and I loved it.  I have heard so many people say that once you find a recipe, try it out the way the recipe states and then tweak it how you want.  So far, this has been working for me.  With my fish, I made bake potatoes, but I did it a little differently :)  This is a great weekend recipe and I hope you enjoy it!


Recipe: Fish and Baked Potato (A slightly healthier version)
Ingredients for the fish:
6 pcs. of fish (I used tilapia, but you can use whatever YOU like: grouper, flounder, etc.)
flour
2 large eggs
Italian bread crumbs
Club crackers
Grated Parmesan cheese
Mustard


Ingredients for the Baked Potatoes:
4 potatoes
butter
sour cream
bacon bits
cheese
milk
parley flakes


Directions for fish:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Rinse your fish off and then pat it dry.  Place some club crackers in a large zip lock bag.  Then using a meat tenderizer (flat side), crush the crackers until you get the consistency of bread crumbs.  In a dish, mix Italian bread crumbs, club crackers, and 2 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese. Set aside.  In another dish, crack two eggs and mix with 1tbsp of mustard. Set aside.  In a separate dish, add flour.  Once you have all three dishes prepared 
(flour, egg, bread crumb mixture, you are ready to start making your fish. 

3. Dip fish into flour.  Then dip into egg mixture, and finally dip into the bread crumb mixture.  Make sure you coat it well, especially with the eggs and bread crumb (you want your coating to stay on).  Place fish on baking sheet (I used my Pampered Chef large bar pan). Spray fish with cooking spray.




4. Bake the fish for about 10-12 minutes or until it is done.  If you want to flip it over (using a spatula) after about 5 minutes, you can!

Directions for Bake Potatoes
1. Boil your potatoes (I boiled mine for about 15-20 minutes)
2. Once your potatoes are soft, take them out of the water.  Cut a boat shape in the potato (don't cut to deep though; just enough so you can peel the top layer of skin off.  Then using a spoon, scoop out all of the potato (as much as you can. PLEASE BE CAREFUL NOT TO BREAK THE OUTSIDE OF THE POTATO)

 3. In a bowl, mix your potatoes with butter, sour cream, cheese, and milk.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Then scoop your potato mixture back into your baked potato.  Sprinkle with parley flakes and then serve!




ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment