Search This Blog

January 14, 2012

Steak...It's What's For Dinner!

Last night I tried a new recipe.  I was so scared that it wouldn't taste good, but I decided to try it anyway.  It was sooooooo good.  It had great flavor and was very savory.  It took me about 5-10 minutes to prep everything, which wasn't bad at all.  It's a great recipe for the weeknight or the weekend.  When Nick and I got married, we decided to stock up our freezer.  So, we went to one of those mass meat stores and bought a whole case of steak.  There was an assortment of steaks in the box: Fillet Mignon, t-bone, ribeye, etc.  It took us SO long to get through that box of steak.  We had grilled steak, BBQ steak, country fried steak, and so many other variations.  I vowed never to eat steak again after we ate the last of it.  Well, lately, I feel like I have been eating a lot of ground beef and chicken, so I wanted something different.  I looked in the freezer and there were two packs of pork shoulder steaks.  I looked online to see if there was a recipe for it, but there wasn't.  So, I had to think of my own and it worked out GREAT!  I hope you enjoy it.  Happy cooking and eating everyone!

Recipe: Smothered Pork Shoulder Steak
Ingredients:
6-10 Pork Shoulder Steaks
1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 of a green, red, and yellow bell pepper chopped
**If you don't want to chop the vegetables, you can always get a bag of fajita vegetable mix in the frozen food section**
1/2 of an onion chopped
2tbsp of fresh garlic or Fat Free Minced Garlic
Seasoning: I used garlic, season all, and black pepper
Canola Oil (about 3-4 tbsp)
Cooking Spray

Directions:
1. Wash your meat.  Pat it dry. Season your meat on both sides (do not over season...salty meat is not tasty).


2. In a large skillet (I USED MY PAMPERED CHEF EXECUTIVE SKILLET), place enough canola oil to cover the bottom of the pan.  Put the pan on medium-medium high heat.  Once your oil is hot, cook your steak on each side for about 2 minutes (you just want to brown it up).  Set aside.

3. In a separate skillet (I USED MY PAMPERED CHEF 8' SAUTE PAN), cook your chopped vegetables and garlic for about 5 minutes.  I sprayed my pan with cooking spray first.

4. Once all your meat is pre-cooked and your vegetables are done, in a large baking dish (I USED MY PAMPERED CHEF RECTANGLE STONE), spray it with cooking spray, add the steak, then add the vegetables, and then add the can of cream of mushroom soup.  Using the same can, add water (about half of the can) and then add that to your baking dish.

5. Cover with aluminum foil and bake on 350 degrees for about one hour.  After cooking for 30 minutes, turn the meat over, re-cover, and continue to cook the meat for another 30 minutes.  Once an hour has passed, put your oven on broil (high).  Broil your meat for about 5 minutes (you are looking for a pretty brown color).


*I served my steak over white rice, with a salad, corn on the cob, and garlic bread.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!
    MegaSquirt 3 Programmable EFI Engine Management System with MS3X Expansion V3.57 - Assembled

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I'm not famous yet lol. I just LOVE to cook. Thanks again and come back and visit my page again!

    ReplyDelete