Search This Blog

January 9, 2012

Healthy Breakfast Recipe: Quick Breakfast Taco

Sorry I have been missing the last few days.  We have had so much going on.  I have so many great recipes to share with all, including a great seafood dish I made the other day.  Do you ever get tired of eating the same old healthy breakfast recipes: fruit, granola, yogurt?  I do, so I am glad I found this website.  It offers some great breakfast recipes that are healthy.  Today's recipe is a Quick Breakfast Taco.  I know you will love it and if you have kids, they will too!

Recipe: Quick Breakfast Taco (Courtesy of Eatingwell.com)




Ingredients:

  • 2 corn tortillas
  • 1 tablespoon salsa
  • 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute, such as Egg Beaters
  • **I also added green peppers to mine
Directions:

  1. Top tortillas with salsa and cheese. Heat in the microwave until the cheese is melted, about 30 seconds.
  2. Meanwhile coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat, add egg substitute and cook, stirring, until the eggs are cooked through, about 90 seconds. Divide the scrambled egg between the tacos.  I served my taco with fruit and had a piece of whole wheat toast with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment