Search This Blog

December 10, 2011

Baked Spaghetti

I love, love, love finding simple recipes that I know the whole family will love.  What kid doesn't love pasta?  My son loves to take noodles and slurp them up.  He hates when I cut them in half, but hey, as long as he's eating, I'm good with the slurping of the spaghetti!  I made this recipe on Thursday night and I have enough to last until Saturday (family of four eating it for lunch and dinner...just change the side orders).  Here is one of my favorite kid recipes: Baked Spaghetti!


Ingredients: 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti, 1 pound ground beef, 1 medium onion chopped, 2 jars of meatless spaghetti sauce (this is so your spaghetti doesn't come out dry), 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 5 tablespoons butter melted, 2 cups small curd cottage cheese, and 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese ( I 
needed 2 packs). 


Instructions: 
Step ONE: Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and then drain.  (I seasoned my meat with garlic powder, Pampered Chef Italian seasoning, and black pepper). Stir in the spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside

The Food Chopper from Pampered Chef is AMAZING.  A great investment for anyone!

Using my Pampered Chef Executive 12" Skillet







Step TWO: In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.





Step THREE: Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.
Using my Pampered Chef rectangular baker 

Cottage cheese layered on top of spaghetti

Then add the sauce

Then the cheese (I used mozzarella and a three cheese blend).

Two layers
Step FOUR: Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.


Hot out the oven!
Serve!  I had corn and crescent rolls with our meal.


I hope you enjoy this simple, easy, and delicious meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment