Search This Blog

December 13, 2011

Christmas Pictures

So everyone is sending out their Christmas cards and I am just getting around to it.  Some people have pictures on their cards, some have stories with pictures (what has happened in the last year), some just send a nicely worded Christmas card to family and friends.  I didn't want to do Christmas cards, but I figured since it was the first Christmas with Jordyn and Noah that we should take pictures.  Some people just take pictures of the kids, but my family (both sides) like to see pictures of the whole family.  So, today we got up, put our Christmas clothes on, and got ready to take pictures.  I'm on a budget, so I decided to take them myself and put it on a card.  Well, my husband and children were sooooooo not in the picture taking mood.  Jordyn LOVES her dress, but all she wanted to do was eat and play.  Noah didn't want to wear the shirt he had on for pictures; he wanted to wear his Mickey Mouse Christmas shirt.  And Nick, just wanted to play Madden online.  So, I forced everyone to get dress anyway and be ready to smile.  I had to bribe, threaten, and beg them to smile; even Jordyn who LOVES to take pictures.  

Nick- THREAT: If you don't smile, you won't play anymore Madden and I'm not making brownie candy cane lollipops.
Noah-BRIBE: If you smile, I will let you watch Mickey, wear your Mickey shirt, and give you candy.
Jordyn-BEG: Please say cheese for mommy...please!

Nick was the only one my threat/bribe/begging worked on.  We took pictures, I got the cards made, and I will be sending them off tomorrow.  I really hope this picture thing gets better next year.  Maybe, I will have them professionally done.  I'm just glad it's all over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment