Search This Blog

December 27, 2011

A Very Harrell Christmas

Well, Christmas has come and gone.  During the week of Christmas, we made our third annual Gingerbread House.  All I did was put the icing on the house; Noah decorated the rest all on his own.  He would NOT let Jmak help at all.  He did a great job!





On Christmas Eve, when it was time to put put cookies and milk for Santa, we decided we wanted to be different.  We put out some of our delicious holiday mix; we figured Santa would be on cookie overload.   Noah was so funny; when I put out the holiday mix, Noah kept tasting it.  I told him to stop eating it, because it was for Santa and he told me, "I gotta taste it for Santa...just one more."  It was the cutest and funniest thing ever!





On the official Christmas day, since Nick was working, we went to my friends family dinner.  The food was so good (and the company too).  Noah got a sit and spin and Jmak got to open a box (she just wanted to rip the paper off, didn't care what was or wasn't inside).  I told my friend that anytime her family would have a function, I would be there.




A long time ago, I bought my daughter a dress to wear on Christmas day.  I knew we wouldn't really be doing anything on Monday, except opening presents (kids would play with them), eating, and just relaxing, so I let her wear the dress to our visit to my friends house.  She looked amazing...so innocent and so adorable.  She even had some shiny red shoes to match.  Throughout the day, she had a total of FOUR wardrobe changes...can we say DIVA?  And Noah, he wanted to wear his favorite Mickey shirt. he didn't care what pants he wore or if it was dirty (which it wasn't). His only DEMAND was that he got to wear his Mickey shirt.






Our Christmas day (the day after Christmas), was so much fun.  Noah and Jordyn loved all  of their presents.  Out of all the gifts Noah received, his favorite three are: a pair of Mickey slippers, a "Dinosaur Train" train set that Nick and I got him, and his first bike EVER that Nana got for him.  He wore his Mickey pj's and his Mickey slippers ALL day and ALL night.  Nick woke up around 4am to take them off his feet lol.  Jmak just liked opening all the gifts; she didn't care what was in the box.  Christmas was good to the kids.









Christmas 2011 is over and we are all looking forward to what 2012 brings us.  Nick and I are so blessed to have two smart, funny, and beautiful (inside and out) kids.  We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment