Search This Blog

December 3, 2011

Eggs and Rice Anyone?

No one ever told me that when I had kids, even after they mastered sleeping through the night, they would still wake you up before 7:00am (SIGH).  This morning, my kids woke me up at 6:38am.  Noah, kept poking me telling me, "I want food mommy," and Jmak decided it would be ok to take the fingers she had in her mouth and slap me to make it known she wanted my attention.  As I laid there trying to get two more minutes of sleep (I would have loved five, but two would have been enough), I kept getting poked and slapped, so I finally got up.






When I went downstairs, I went to the refrigerator to see what I could cook for them (something quick and easy).  I notice we had some left over rice in the refrigerator and I remembered a childhood favorite meal.  When I was little, we ate all kinds of food that most people would think is disgusting: syrup sandwiches, grits with grape jelly, and my favorite eggs & rice.  My mom would cook this for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.  I still eat it to this day.  This morning, I decided to make it for the kids (recipe below).  They loved it.  Noah asked me for more and "eat-em-up (Jordyn) also wanted more.  We had some toast and bacon with ours, but you can eat it by itself or with some type of meat.


Hopefully tomorrow, I can sleep until 7:01am...only time will tell.


                              This hit the spot this morning.  Kids loved it and so did mommy!


Recipe: Ingredients- rice (leftover), 1-2tbs of butter, 3-4 eggs, salt and pepper
Directions: 

Directions: Warm up the amount of rice you will want in the microwave for about 30 sec. Melt butter in a skillet. Whisk eggs in a bowl then pour into the skillet. Scramble the mixture until you feel it's done.   Add rice to the skillet of eggs (Mix it in well with the eggs.  I don't like more rice than eggs in mine).  SERVE!!!


Side note: Sometimes, I add cheese to my scrambled eggs...I'm sure the kids would love that too :)




No comments:

Post a Comment