Search This Blog

December 21, 2011

Mid-Week Recipe: Bacon Barbecue Cheeseburgers

So, some of you maybe thinking, "What's so great about a burger?"  Well, this burger is the best burger I have ever made, the juiciest, and probably the most unhealthy (BUT OH SO WORTH IT).  You will love this burger and I am sure the rest of your family will too.  My husband's feelings were hurt because for the chicken and yellow rice recipe, he felt I didn't give him credit for helping (not really hurt feelings, but he gave me a hard time, telling me he wanted his credit lol), so: THIS IS A MEAL BOTH ME AND MY HUSBAND MADE ON MONDAY NIGHT.  There credit was given!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. 


Bacon Barbecue Cheeseburger Recipe
Ingredients: 
Ground beef, bacon, barbecue sauce, seasonings, garnish (lettuce, tomato), green pepper, grated Parmesan cheese, cheese, and condiments (mayo, mustard, ketchup).

Directions:
1. Chop one medium green bell pepper (I used my Pampered Chef food chopper)
And yes, this is NICK slicing the green pepper, so that it can be chopped 
NICK using the food chopper to chop the green pepper
2. Fry about a 1/2 of pack of bacon (not crispy and DO NOT discard grease).  When your bacon is done chop it using a food chopper.  Make sure you save about one whole slice per burger you make.
3. In a large bowl, season your ground beef.  Then add green pepper, bacon, about 2-3tbsp of barbecue sauce, and about 3-4tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese.  Then form your hamburgers into nice size patties.  Fry your hamburgers in the bacon grease (I know unhealthy, but oh so good).  Cook to the desired temperature you would like (I don't like any pink in my burgers, so it took about 3-5 minutes on each side).  While your hamburgers are cooking, get your garnish ready.

4. I used Publix sliced Italian bread instead of buns.  I put them in the toaster.  When they came out, I put whatever condiments my family wanted on the bread, then I added the burger, the cheese on top of the burger, the bacon on top of the cheese, and then lettuce & tomato.  After I assembled my our burgers, NICK cut the burgers in half.  Nick said the burgers were amazing and that they were the best burgers I have ever made.  He added that Red Robin has the best burgers he has ever had, but I come in second (I will take that).  They were so good, I used the leftover ground beef to make more burgers for lunch.  I served our burgers with french fries.  

I hope you enjoy this recipe.  I would also like to thank NICK for helping me with this meal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment