Search This Blog

December 22, 2011

Family Fun

This week has gone by so fast.  I don't know if it is because of the fast approach of Christmas or if it is because we have been so busy this week.  We have gone to the park, we went to see Santa Claus/Festival of Lights Show, downtown to see the horses, and eat some of the best pizza in the world, decorate some ornaments, bake some cake (mostly eat a lot of cake batter), and we even squeezed in a movie.  Honestly, I think it has been the best week we have all had in a long time.  We didn't have to spend a ton of money and we still had fun.

I know many people are so busy and they are tired after a long day/week at work, but family/quality time is so essential to building and maintaining the relationship between family members.  I was reading an online article that stated, "Quality time" is time spent doing an activity that is meaningful to the parent and child. It is time when family members really get to know each other. Quality time is spent focusing attention on the other person and sharing thoughts and feelings."  

Again, I know everyone is busy and sometime life happens, but I urge you all to take a moment and spend some sincere quality time with your family.  I posted some pics of our fun-filled family week.  




No comments:

Post a Comment