Search This Blog

December 7, 2011

Holiday White Chocolate Party Mix


I was introduced to this recipe about two years ago by a former colleague.  I went into the teacher's work area and I saw this delicious treat in a bowl.  Everyone knows that I love food, so naturally I took a cup of it.  As I was leaving to return to my classroom, I tasted this new concoction which I had never seen before.  This was so good that before I left the building, I turned around and refilled my cup.  Turns out it was a white chocolate holiday party mix.  I love this; it is great for the work room, an edible gift for someone, a holiday party, and many other things.  It is very simple to make and very tasty to anyone who tries it.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Again, I received the recipe from a colleague, who saw it on the Taste of Home website.

White Chocolate Party Mix
Ingredients- 5 cups of cheerios (I used honey nut cheerios), 5 cups of corn chex, 2 cups of salted peanuts, 1lb of chocolate m&m's (I used the red and green holiday m&m's), 1pkg of mini pretzels, 2 (12oz) packages of white baking chips (white morsels), and 3tbsp of canola oil.

Instructions:
1. In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients, set aside. 

2. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chips and oil at 70% power for 1 minute, stirring once.  Then microwave on high for five seconds; stir until it is smooth.

3. Pour over cereal mixture and mix well (I used the Pampered Chef MIX N SCRAPER).  Spread onto wax paper (I used aluminum because I didn't have wax paper on hand).  Cool.  Then break apart.  Store it in an air-tight container.





  

1 comment:

  1. I cannot stop eating my holiday mix. It is so addicting. I hope you are enjoying yours as much as I am enjoying mine!

    ReplyDelete