Search This Blog

December 16, 2011

Weekend Dinner Recipe: Chicken and Yellow Rice

I am posting this recipe in honor of my mother-in-law.  I made this last night and once again, it was a crowd pleaser.  The chicken was moist and the rice didn't get dried out either.  You will have to get your hands a little messy, but the end product makes it all worth it.  I hope you enjoy!  Happy Cooking!!!!

Ingredients: Yellow Rice, Chicken Leg Quarters, and seasoning for chicken

Directions: 
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Wash chicken thoroughly.  Then season with whatever you like (I used creole seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper, but you can season with whatever you like).  
2. Cook chicken in the oven COVERED for 30 minutes.  Then, change your oven settings to 400 degrees and cook your chicken for another 40 minutes UNCOVERED.

3. When you take the chicken out of the oven, let it stand for about five to ten minutes.  Then cut all the meat off the bones and place in a large bowl (I keep the skin too).  Add the yellow rice to the bowl and mix it all together.
*I added the juice to the bowl of rice and chicken from the baking pan. I mixed all rice and the chicken with my hands (cleaned of course).




4. After you mix the rice and the chicken, add it back to the baking pan and then serve!

5. While your chicken is baking in the oven, cook rice according to package directions.  
*My husband always makes the rice in the family (not that I can't, that's just his job).  He adds a tablespoon of butter to the water while it is boiling and then adds the rice.


 I made some homemade garlic bread with the chicken and rice and it was fabulous.  Enjoy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment